WAIVING OF RENEWAL FEES FOR ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY PERSONNEL
Effective January 1, 2013, Assembly Bill 1588 added Section 114.3 to the California Business and Professions Code to allow boards and bureaus under the California Department of Consumer Affairs to waive renewal fees for military personnel while they are on active duty.
The requirements for this waiver are:
- The registrant possesses a current/valid license or registration with the bureau at the time he/she was called to active duty.
- The renewal fees are only waived for the time the licensee or registrant is on active service duty.
- Written documentation is provided to the bureau substantiating the licensee’s or registrant’s active duty service (e.g. copy of orders, letter from commanding officer, etc.).
- The licensee or registrant is not to provide private services covered by their license or registration to members of the public while the waiver is in effect. Licensees may still perform these services for the military as required.
- The licensee or registrant is to notify the bureau of receipt of a notice of discharge date within 60 days of receiving such notice.
If you feel you meet the qualifications for this waiver, please submit your substantiating documentation, along with your license or registration number, your business name and address to the Bureau.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the bureau at (916) 999-2041 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.